Whether you’d like to rent a motorbike, want a suit tailor made, need to swap a book or just fancy some souvenir shopping, you can get pretty much anything you need in the Bay!
As with any village or small town, our facilities are limited. You will find they are more than sufficient for your stay, but it’s always good to know what is available and where to go if you need something more.
– There are 3 ATM’s in Kantiang. Two are located directly outside the 7-11, and one opposite the main Scubafish office.
Convenience and Shopping
– There is a 7-11 which is generally referred to as the ‘centre’ of Kantiang Bay. It has most things you will need, from makeup to milk and a selection of ever changing strange toys! Also recently opened is an ‘Oscar Shop’ which sells a vast amount of alcohol alongside shampoo and postcards!
– For such a small village there is a nice selection of shops, from art galleries and handmade shops and furniture, to bohemian fashion and thai souvenirs – and once you are in the town, nothing is more than a minutes walk away. Perfect!
– If you are in need of a pharmacy, we have a nurse in Kantiang. You can find her in the ‘Midewife Clinic’ which is opposite Eyes Lanta Resort. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be expecting a little one to go! The nurse can prescribe and provide you with medicine for various circumstances. The opening hours are a bit bizarre, but there is always a handy sign on the door telling you of when they will next be open. Alternatively the next town north, Klong Nin, has a slightly larger pharmacy with longer opening hours.
– If you need a doctor, you will find one at the newly opened Siam International Clinic based in Phra Ae. They are open 24 hours a day and have a speedboat/ambulance transfer to Krabi or Phuket hospitals.
– Should you require serious medical attention, there is a hospital in Old Town, they have reasonable facilities but they may transfer you to Krabi or Phuket if necessary.
– The hospital has a dentist, but only open Monday to Wednesday 8am to 12pm. There is also a private dentist in Klong Dao beach with longer opening hours.
– If you have a laptop with you, it is easy to find wifi – either at your resort or in one of the restaurants/coffee shops. Alternatively there are plenty of internet cafes.
– If you want to use your mobile phone here, most international sim cards should be able to connect to a network if you enable the roaming function. If you want to buy a Thai Sim card they are available from 7-11 for around 100 Thai Baht which includes some credit, however be careful which provider you pick as many networks only work in big cities so are not much good here. Most locals use ‘1 2 Call’ as a good option.